Jason Aldean Releases New Album Rearview Town Today
Jason Aldean has released his latest album Rearview Town today, and we’re more excited than ever to have him headlining Country Fest 2018’s closing day on June 23. His eighth album reflects both his personal life’s and professional life’s journey over the past few years.
“To me, it was more of a metaphor for leaving things behind that were weighing you down, or that you felt like were a weight on your shoulders – looking forward to better things to come,” Jason said during a round of interviews at Music Row production studio.
About the Music
Jason believes the song “Better at Being Who I Am” (track 11 of 15 on Rearview Town) could be the most well-written songs he’s ever recorded. “You have to be yourself and do your own thing, because if you’re not happy, it ain’t ever gonna happen with anybody else. There’s nothing special about that song, there’s no bells and whistles on it. Just a great lyric, a great melody – honest and to the point.”
Rearview Town follows the same approach used on albums past of country rock and power balladry that we heard in “Hicktown” and “Why.” It also includes a bit of the art of rap as he’s used in “Dirt Road Anthem.” This new record also includes various aspects of the smaller-town lifestyle, connecting him to his down-to-earth, hard-working fan base.
But Jason’s relationship with his older material has changed, and he has come to the understanding that he “hadn’t lived enough to know what the hell [he] was singing about,” he told Entertainment Weekly last month.
“As an artist, you get older and start being drawn to songs that are more age-appropriate, songs that you can relate to more. I just turned 41, so I still feel like I got a long way to go before I’m an old man,” he said.
Jason told Rolling Stone that the new album includes songs that listeners will find interesting. “I feel like there’s songs on this record that … allowed us to step out of the box a little bit and not just keep serving up fastballs down the middle.”
Rearview Town Track Listing:
- Dirt to Dust – (Jaron Boyer, Ben Stennis, Michael Tyler)
- Set It Off – (Brandon Kinney, Jody Stevens, Josh Thompson)
- Girl Like You – (Jaron Boyer, Josh Mirenda, Michael Tyler
- You Make It Easy – (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Jordan Schmidt, Morgan Wallen)
- Gettin’ Warmed Up – (Jaron Boyer, Josh Mirenda, Cole Taylor)
- Blacktop Gone – (Brett Beavers, Derric Ruttan, Josh Thompson)
- Drowns the Whiskey – (Feat. Miranda Lambert) (Brandon Kinney, Jeff Middleton, Josh Thompson)
- Rearview Town – (Kelley Lovelace, Bobby Pinson, Neil Thrasher)
- Love Me or Don’t – (Tyler Hubbard, Jordan Schmidt, Morgan Wallen)
- Like You Were Mine – (Kurt Allison, Jonathan Edwards, Tully Kennedy, Brian White)
- Better at Being Who I Am – (Casey Beathard, Wendall Mobley, Neil Thrasher)
- I’ll Wait for You – (Nick Brophy, Michael Delaney, Jennifer Hanson, Neil Thrasher)
- Ride All Night – (Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman, Houston Phillips)
- Up in Smoke – (Jessi Alexander, David Lee Murphy, Chris Stevens)
- High Noon Neon – (Tony Martin, Lee Miller, Neil Thrasher)